Concepts of Genetics (9th International Edition)
William Klug, Michael Cummings, Charlotte Spencer, Michael Palladino
Hardback 876 pages ISBN 9780321540980
Please note: This title is not available from CPL Press in North America or
Australasia - please contact a local source
This text is known for its clear writing style, emphasis on concepts, visual art programme and thoughtful
coverage of all areas of genetics. The authors capture students interest with up-to-date coverage of cutting
edge topics and research. The authors emphasizes those concepts that students should come to understand
and take away with them, not a myriad of details and exceptions that need to be memorized and are soon forgotten.
Companion Website provides on-line review and practice, along with an optional GradeTracker that reveals
areas where students need the most help
Genetics, Technology, and Society Essays reflect recent findings in genetics and their impact on society.
Features: The conceptual focus of the book is thematically reinforced in the following ways:
- Key concepts are listed within chapter openers to help students focus on important ideas
instead of getting lost in details.
- Concept statements introduce each major discussion in the chapter, providing
a logical organizational structure.
- Media references direct students to website animations and tutorials at www.aw-bc.com/klug that
review the key concepts from each chapter.
- Unique 'flow diagrams' highlight the processes of landmark experiments that established the major
concepts in genetics.
- The problem solving emphasis encourages students to actively work with genetics concepts, as follows:
- Now 'Solve This' inserts appear at appropriate points within the narrative and direct students
to a problem at the end of the chapter along with a helpful problem-solving hint.
- 'Insights and Solutions'sections strengthen students' problem solving skills by showing step-by-step
solutions and rationales for select problems.
- Problems and Discussion Questions are found at the end of every chapter. This edition contains many
new problems ranging in difficulty for students, including many new 'Extra Spicy Problems.'
- Approximately 100 new problems have been added to the text.
- Extra Spicy Problems stretch students' abilities and are based on data derived from
the primary literature of genetics.
- "How do we know" questions have been moved to the End of Chapter problem sets.
1. Introduction to Genetics
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
2. Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Mendelian Genetics
4. Extensions of Mendelian Ratios
5. Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
6. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
7. Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
8. Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Chromosome Number and Arrangement
9. Extranuclear Inheritance
10. DNA Structure and Analysis
11. DNA Replication and Recombination
12. DNA Organization in Chromosomes
13. Recombinant DNA Technology and Gene Cloning
14. The Genetic Code and Transcription
15. Translation and Proteins
16. Gene Mutation and DNA Repair
17. Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
18. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
19. Developmental Genetics of Model Organisms
20. Cancer and Regulation of the Cell Cycle
21. Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics
22. Genome Dynamics: Transposons, Immunogenetics, and Eukaryotic Viruses
23. Genomic Analysis--Dissection of Gene Function
24. Applications and Ethics of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
25. Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
26. Genetics and Behavior
27. Population Genetics
28. Evolutionary Genetics
29. Conservation Genetics
ANSWERS TO SELECTED PROBLEMS
: Pearson Education
: genetic code